This Statement is made by Elegant Watch & Jewellery (“the Group”, “we”, “our” or “us”) with the identity of “data user” in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) of the Laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
We will ensure compliance by our staff to the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
The Group is committed to protect the information provided by customers and internet users (“users”), and we will not collect any personally identifiable data when users browse our website. When customers visit our website, we record their visit only as a 'hit' and do not collect any personal data from them. We will, however, make a record of their visit that shows only the Domain Name Server address, part of their e-mail address, and of the page(s) visited. We use such information only for preparing general statistics on the usage of our websites.
The users’ personal data we collected will be stored in our computer system under strict security. As long as users remain registered users of our website or registered customers/members of our Group, their personal information will be retained. Only authorized employees of our Group who have received appropriate training can access such personal data. Without the authorization of users, we will not disclose such data to any person unspecified in our “Personal Information Collection Statement”.
Based on the users’ personal information collected, we will occasionally send products and services portfolio information to users for direct marketing purposes, but during direct marketing promotion, we will provide users with the opt-out right from receiving such information.
We will do our best to safeguard data security. However, given the nature of the internet, we cannot assure “absolute protection”, neither can we guarantee users’ privacy remains unaffected under any uncontrollable risks.
For any dispute over the content or use of the Sites shall be governed by the substantive laws of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (“HKSAR”), and the jurisdiction and venue of any such action shall be vested non-exclusively in the courts of HKSAR.
Personal Information Collection Statement
Elegant Watch & Jewellery, as a “data user”, in complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, Chapter 486 of the laws of the Hong Kong SAR, is committed to safeguarding your privacy on-line, and notifying you of certain matters when collecting information from you. This statement may change from time to time without further notice, so please check back periodically to ensure it is the latest version. Any changes are effective immediately upon posting. By registration (including but not limited to customers/ member registration and/or participation in our event/scheme) and every time you log-in to this website to use our services, you agree to be bound by this statement at that time in force.
Collection of Data
At the time of subscription and at other times when using this website, you may be asked to provide us with personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, telephone number, facsimile number and e-mail address. It is necessary for us to collect your information for providing you the various information, services and activities offered on this website. You are not obliged to supply the data here but in event of failure to provide the information requested, we will not be able to provide you with the information, services and activities you requested.
Purpose and Use of Data
The information we collected will be used for the following purposes:
1. For provisions of goods and services, as well as after-sales service;
2. To launch joint promotion campaign, including but not limited to our affiliated, associated, related, subsidiary companies and/or joint promotional sales campaigns of companies under the common control of our ultimate holding company and independent commercial entities, which notify you of relevant sales and promotional campaigns, and distribute information of them. The companies or entities stated above may be located outside the judicial district of where you are staying at;
3. To manage and follow up customers’ calls, enquiries and complaints, and other relevant services;
4. To monitor the operation of our website and help further development of our website;
5. For compilation of aggregate statistics about our website users, and to analyze site usage;
6. To collect data for identity verification and records and to maintain contact lists for correspondence;
8. To deliver information to you that we believe you may have interest in, such as targeted banners, new services and products and other promotions and marketing materials;
9. To contact you regarding administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of this website, membership plans and to respond to your request. We may also use your information to match user information with third-party data (i.e. to compare two sets of personal data collected for different purposes). By subscribing to our membership plan, this website or by logging-in, you consent to carry out this matching procedure when we deem it is necessary in order to provide our services;
10. To make disclosure under the requirements of any laws.
In addition, we will also use your information in the following manner:
1. We will share much of our data, including your information, with our business partners, subsidiaries, affiliated and associated companies.
2. In order to provide you with more information and services, we have arranged content providers and service providers to provide information and services. It may be necessary for us to share your information with these content providers and service providers. If we add new features or services that might require the sharing of your personal information with an additional advertiser or sponsor, we will provide you with notice and the opportunity to opt-out to receive these offers.
Transfer of Data
Your information will not generally be disclosed, provided or transferred out of Our Group to any other party in a form that would identify you except in the following circumstances:
1. If we use third-party suppliers or service providers to facilitate our services, we will have to provide your information for these suppliers or service providers offering such services where you choose to use these services.
2. If we deem it is restricted by the related law, we may disclose or access your account information.
3. We may also disclose or access your information for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service, and/or improve our services. In addition, your information will be accessed by, disclosed, provided or transferred to our business partners, any person or bodies corporate or division within Our Group, and those mentioned above.
As the parties mentioned above may have places of business outside Hong Kong, your information may be provided or transferred out of Hong Kong. By subscription (including but not limited to customers/ membership registration/ or participation in our events/ schemes) or by logging-in to our website, you agree to us providing or transferring your information to these parties outside Hong Kong. These parties adhere to their own privacy customs and policies and we have no control over their use of your information. Therefore, we are not liable to their use of your information.
Retention of Personal Data
Your personal data will not be retained longer than necessary, and unnecessary personal information in the system will be deleted in compliance of our internal procedure requirements and/or all statutory and regulatory requirements in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region concerning the retention of personal data.
Access to Data
If you need to check whether we hold your personal information or if you wish to have access to, correct any information relating to you which is inaccurate, please submit your application via e-mail.
You can write us anytime to opt-out from receiving marketing promotional information we provide through the following address without any charges:
In case of discrepancies between the English version and Chinese version in respect of all or any part of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.